Mission: To inspire patriotism in action and spirit.
Personal Leadership for Patriots at the Southern Museum of Flight Thursday week before National Veterans Day
Left: MG David Burford (center) speaker 2015.
Right: Dr. John Kline, Troy University, speaker 2016.
Tribute to the Founder (Driving Force) of Veterans Day Nov. 10
Family of Raymond Weeks with daughters, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren gather annually at the Raymond Weeks Monument to participate in the Tribute to the Founder presented by Patriotism In Action
Patriotism in Action:
- Presents Personal Leadership for Patriots (since the “911” attacks in 2001) and in recent years in cooperation with the Southern Museum of Flight.
- Presents programs designed to promote true patriotism and professionalism, such as the Tribute to the Founder of Veterans Day at the Raymond Weeks Monument to open national ceremonies in Birmingham each November 10 in Linn Park. Organized by Col. Bob (Ret) and Nancy Barefield with Dr. David Dyson as emcee.
- Writes and publishes Patriotism in Action by Dr. David Dyson and Col. “Stretch” Dunn (USA Ret), and provides printed materials for educators, students, veterans, and other patriots on how Veterans Day started in Alabama plus more patriotic guide content. On the cover of the book, President Reagan pins the Presidential Citizens Medal on Raymond Weeks of Alabama honoring him as the “driving force” for establishing America’s Veterans Day.
- Leads America’s National Veterans Day Founding Education to educate America on who, how, and why Veterans Day was founded and the educational character traits supported–patriotism, courage, perseverance, loyalty, citizenship, plus five more we recommend: freedom, peace, honor, trust, and leadership.
The book, Patriotism In Action, serves as a patriotic guide for teachers, students, veterans, and other patriots, plus as a resource for the nation’s oldest Veterans Day. The book is presented to the National Veteran Award honoree and guest speakers from national organizations. Posters are displayed in schools, city halls, tourism centers, and veterans chapters by patriots reminding Veterans Day started here, it’s significance to students, and why we lead.
You Can Take Action!
- Attend and participate.
- Get posters for schools for schools, veterans organizations, city hall, tourism. We can send the latest order form by email or handle by phone.
- Send donations for events, materials, and education using the Donate button or mail to: Patriotism in Action; Life Leaders Treasurer; 354 County Road 33, Calera, AL 35040.
- Call for resources, service, or info: (205) 670-1733.
Support Patriotism events and service with donations for posters, books, events, and programs for veterans, students, and the public.
Raymond Weeks Monument with the Patriotism in Action Wreath at the Patriotism In Action Tribute to the Founder (aka “Driving Force” by Reagan) of National Veterans Day, Birmingham, Linn Park,Nov. 10 since 2005.
Link to Veterans Day Events – National Veterans Day web site: www.nationalveteransday.org
Attend the historic National Veteran Award Banquet in Birmingham on Nov. 10.
Attend Veterans Day (Nov. 11) activities with us or in your home town.
Col. Bob Barefield (USA Ret) on the Michael Hart Radio Show telling listeners about Patriotism in Action events supporting Veterans Day (Personal Leadership for Patriots and Tribute to the Founder of Veterans Day), plus more supporting Veterans Day and the Alabama National Cemetery. www.scalnc.org
ABC news featured Patriotism in Action chair Bob Barefield on “Everyday Hero” by Brenda Ladun, Memorial Day 2016.
Col. Barefield is also chair of the Support Committee for the Alabama National Cemetery